Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakdown Cover, France, Car over 10 years

Options
  • 05-07-2018 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Heading to France this year. Taking the car which is over 10 years old, and our own insurer Allianz does not provide breakdown cover in France as the car is over 10 years old. Just wondering if anyone has taken out, and can recommend a company for breakdown cover, for the older car in France.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I use the AA and all of my cars are 80s/90s with no problems whatsoever. Have European cover and all the rest. Have found them to be absolutely brilliant. Not sure if AA UK are different to AA Ireland as I am UK based.

I have gotten more than my money's worth as some of my cars can be a little temperamental/mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭CraftySue

Thanks DoctorEdgeWild, got a quote from AA for €203, which is a bit pricey for me, probably more than the value of the car itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 orlaithmum

I use ADAC. It's a German company, but valid to buy here in Ireland. They have very good European cover that can be used in Ireland too. I've only needed to use them once ever, and that was in Ireland. Their agent here is AA, but they have different agents depending on what country you're in. Yearly cover for the whole of Europe is approx €89, so way cheaper than AA. Search on boards for ADAC - there's a phone number on there somewhere that you can call to discuss with them in English.

Advertisement