Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac Level 5 Social Studies Project through Open College HELP

Options
  • 05-07-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I am looking for help in relation to the project, I am completely lost. The information I have been given from The Open College is vague and I have tried contacting them. I only have 2 more weeks to complete the project and I am at my wits end.

I am wondering if anyone can give me any kind of advice.

Thanks in advance,
    A.M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

might help if you gave some info on what the project is about etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Annieapplepear

Thanks, for your reply. I am thinking of basing my research on people with disabilities focusing in on those in wheelchairs and how society is unaware of the problems they face daily in relation to access transport and how society is infringing on there independence ie, poorly sloped sidewalks, no slope for the person in the wheelchair to cross the road, shop displays at the end of shops - person unable to turn the wheelchair, trains and buses, 24 hour in adavance if you want to use the train.
    It is how to layout out the information, that is so confusing. I am not sure if I how to discuss the claims I am making, if my research ideas of an interview, questionaire etc are correct. in the main topic, have I to give a general brief outline of terms and not link them. If I had someone who has done the course that could explain the layout and tell me I am on the right path is all I need. this i am not getting from tutor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

If it was me, I would start by identifying the problem and why it is.

Look at societal responses traditional and more recent. Look for legislation in relation to ensuring buildings are accessible.

You could use the interview(s) to find out how things are from the perspective of those who use wheelchairs, what works what doesn't. What would they like to see done

You can look at other countries and how they approach the problem.

Suggest possible changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bowryboy

Thanks, for your reply. I am thinking of basing my research on people with disabilities focusing in on those in wheelchairs and how society is unaware of the problems they face daily in relation to access transport and how society is infringing on there independence ie, poorly sloped sidewalks, no slope for the person in the wheelchair to cross the road, shop displays at the end of shops - person unable to turn the wheelchair, trains and buses, 24 hour in adavance if you want to use the train.
    It is how to layout out the information, that is so confusing. I am not sure if I how to discuss the claims I am making, if my research ideas of an interview, questionaire etc are correct. in the main topic, have I to give a general brief outline of terms and not link them. If I had someone who has done the course that could explain the layout and tell me I am on the right path is all I need. this i am not getting from tutor
    I am doing this course and do not understand where to even begin. My teacher does not explain we’ll. She is so bad I’m even searching boards for help. Could you help me please?

Advertisement