Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting online in Spain when on holiday

Options
  • 05-07-2018 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI all,
    were going over to an apartment in spain and we are looking to get online through wifi whilst there to use our phones and my firestick for watching tv and keeping the kids entertained. The previous occupants of the apartment said that the router is still there since last year but I might need to get a new sim-card for the month. Can anyone help me out with advice on how I could go about doing this as Im a bit lost as to what I need to do? can I get one from vodafone or some other company here before I go or should i wait until I go to spain and what specifically am I looking at getting?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

HI all,
    were going over to an apartment in spain and we are looking to get online through wifi whilst there to use our phones and my firestick for watching tv and keeping the kids entertained. The previous occupants of the apartment said that the router is still there since last year but I might need to get a new sim-card for the month. Can anyone help me out with advice on how I could go about doing this as Im a bit lost as to what I need to do? can I get one from vodafone or some other company here before I go or should i wait until I go to spain and what specifically am I looking at getting?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Vodafone do tourist sims that you can but at most airports

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Generally ..

if you want to do streaming .. which it sounds like, since you want to hook up the firestick ... you really should get a local SIM with a decent data allowance.

Streaming will eat up data in no time.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

You said " The previous occupants of the apartment said that the router is still there since last year ".

If the apartment wifi is coming from the router, surely that implies that it's a fixed broadband connection from a local telephone company that's in place???

Advertisement