Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Repair

Options
  • 05-07-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I have a redring 520 TS power shower, Put in a new enclosure so had to remove the shower. Re fitted it but smallest of leaks at the inlet elbow, so I'm assuming an O ring need replacing.

To get to the O ring I need to remove the inlet elbow, this has the hot and cold pipes inserted in to it using two collets ( image below) my worry is they look perished.

I haven't removed the elbow yet because I want to have replacement collets and O rings in my hand first.

Is the collet part of a full assembly, and the whole part needs replacing?

All pipes work is 1/2"

Anyone know where could get these replacements, tried local plumbers but no luck, iv mailed manufactures and waiting for reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Have you tried wrapping ptfe or gas tape around the olive?

It's too late now but it would have been a perfect time to replace the shower. When it does need replacing the wall may need to be opened to put in a different make shower. I come across this a lot. Lovely new tiles and I have to replace the shower 6 months later drilling new holes in the tiles and filling older screw holes with silicone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Have you tried wrapping ptfe or gas tape around the olive?

It's too late now but it would have been a perfect time to replace the shower. When it does need replacing the wall may need to be opened to put in a different make shower. I come across this a lot. Lovely new tiles and I have to replace the shower 6 months later drilling new holes in the tiles and filling older screw holes with silicone

No I haven't removed the part yet because I'm afraid I could create more trouble and create more leaks.

I want to source the parts first before I remove anything. Leak is very slight, maybe some silicone might stop it.

Usually wrapping gas tape around the ring is all that's required

I can't post links on my phone but Google showerdoc.com

Usually wrapping gas tape around the ring is all that's required

I can't post links on my phone but Google showerdoc.com

The problem is the collet looks brittle, if it falls a part (might not) will the tape be enough to hold seal?

The problem is the collet looks brittle, if it falls a part (might not) will the tape be enough to hold seal?

Sorry I was on my phone & didn't see the photo. So there is no nut & ring.

Follow the link to source the part https://www.showerdoc.com/redring-expressions-520ts-pumped-shower-2000-current-shower-spares

• Advertisement

Sorry I was on my phone & didn't see the photo. So there is no nut & ring.

Follow the link to source the part https://www.showerdoc.com/redring-expressions-520ts-pumped-shower-2000-current-shower-spares

You might not be able to see the image I attached on your phone. Its a collet type, push the pipe in to place and I think u push the collet down to seal. No nut and ring.

Think ill have to buy the full elbow

Advertisement