Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing heater element triton shower

Options
  • 05-07-2018 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Need to replace heating element in my Triton t90xr shower. Have a spare new element to go in, old one is riddled with limescale and in this weather gets too hot.

Couple of questions.

Old element is 9.5kw , new one is 8.5kw, apart from decrease in power, which I don't mind is there any reason why this cant be done?

Like for like replacement, with wires etc, I know i need to turn off power to shower but do I also need to turn off water as well to replace this part?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Unless your'e an electrician, don't touch it. No one will dispense advice here on that type of work. Sorry for being blunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Water John wrote: »
    Unless your'e an electrician, don't touch it. No one will dispense advice here on that type of work. Sorry for being blunt.

Have replaced parts before in this shower with no issues.

Advertisement