Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio code for X Type Jaguar doesn't unlock it. Any ideas?

Options
  • 04-07-2018 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello All,

Clutch went in car and i got if fixed at the nearest garage to work in Naas. It came back with the radio locked.I got onto the original main dealer that sold it day 1. They gave me a code 2346 which doesn't seem to work either.

I also tried the >> + A.Mem + Pty trick which doesnt work either.

Its a 2009 X Type Diesel with a standard screen - See below.

Any ideas to unlock the radio would be most welcome.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

You need to remove the radio and take a photo of all the details (part number,serial number etc.) you can find. With that and the VIN number call to your nearest Jag dealer and they can contact JLR UK to request the correct code.As far as I remember there is a 40-50 Euro fee for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Decoding your radio should be straight forward ...was unable to open your attachment ..can you try and post another photo

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello All,

I have the same problem with the radio again caused by a flat battery this time.

Please see attached picture of the "Please Wait" message that is on the radio.

None of the buttons seem to effect the radio.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Radio is Locked ...leave it powered on for up to one hour it will then allow you to enter the code...almost certain it is a 5 digit code

Advertisement