Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart air purifier

Options
  • 04-07-2018 10:17pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First of all, the ability to clean the air is the most important thing.
    Also I don't want ozone issues

My young son is suffering from pollen.

Has anyone any advice one these, possibly 300 or 400 Euro max.

Note I've read poor reviews on the Dyson ones, some Philips units scoring high on Which reviews, no smarts though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Stoner wrote: »
    First of all, the ability to clean the air is the most important thing.
    Also I don't want ozone issues

My young son is suffering from pollen.

Has anyone any advice one these, possibly 300 or 400 Euro max.

Note I've read poor reviews on the Dyson ones, some Philips units scoring high on Which reviews, no smarts though.

Have you looked at the Xiaomi MI Air Purifier 2s or Pro, don't have one myself but reviews seem good and should fall within budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

I got the Dyson Hot Cold link 3 weeks ago as my three year old was constantly coughing at night, after about a week using it the coughing was more or less gone. Expensive but I don't care if it gives him a bit of relief. If you go with the xiaomi you'll need to factor in customs to the price + hassle of returns of anything goes wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I bought the xaoimi air purifier 2. Worked out at 170 delivered from Germany.

Sick of YouTube videos on these now!!

I think it will be a good addition. Plus can add it to the mi app

I'll keep you posted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Mi-Air-Purifier-2-International-Version-White-398303.html

I put global into the promotional code and got 10 Dollars off, postage was an extra 20

I bought it in from Germany so tax is paid.

I didn't go for the 2S model, there's very little between them, it wasn't worth the extra money it had a better sensor and an OLED display, but I don't rate displays if all the info is on an app too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

We've the dyson too. The smart features are nice. The thermostatic heater is also useful for maintaining a desired temperature in a room.

In terms of improving air quality, it is unclear how good it is. Our dog's eyes used to constantly produce gunk (checked by a vet and not an infection). This stopped when we got the air purifier. However we also got a vaccuum cleaner with strong suction and a high-rated hepa filter at the same time. It pulls a lot more silty dust from the carpets than other vaccuums do. So I don't know how big a factor the Dyson actually was in the change.

Not applicable for pollen, but we live in the country and the outside air is usually clean... I've found that if the dyson indicates non-optimal air quality, it can be improved more quickly by putting a strong fan in front of an open window than by the air purifier itself.

The question about its utility as an air purifier is that it's unclear how much of the air that passes through it actually goes through its filter. Its monitoring capabilities might actually be more useful, especially if you're trying to control humidity or temperature as well as air quality, though you would also need a humidifier/dehumidifier as applicable.

The 'cool' label is a bit of a misnomer. It doesn't cool the air, just circulates it and optionally heats it.

....... wrote:

They have 500m*3 /he unit it's the air purifier pro

So far all good 9 percent of the filter used, works well in my son's room , very quiet

I'd like a graph of the air quality though, like the one Canary does

• Advertisement
Advertisement