Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom /Eircom wifi problem (Authentication error occurred)

Options
  • 04-07-2018 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Ok guys, so I changed phone providers from Vodafone to Pure Telecom recently.

Ever since, I have had issues connecting my Samsung J5 to wifi. Sometimes, wifi connects, sometimes not. Most of the time it does n't connect. My laptop works fine with the same wifi connection.

I have tried literally everything, switching on and off my wifi on my phone, turning on and off the router itself, rebooting the phone, 'forgetting' the wifi password on the phone and then re inputting the password - nothing has helped.

If I do get wifi signal on the phone it will last for about a day or so, and then I'm back to square one with the same issue above. On my phone wifi it will say 'Authentication error occurred'.

What can I do to fix this? Pulling my hair out at this stage :(

Thank you.

Advertisement