Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUI Handicap Question

Options
  • 04-07-2018 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

A hypothetical question, I'm entered into a Junior scratch cup event in a few weeks with a 5 cut off. My current handicap is exactly 5, question is I'm planning on playing a couple of club comps between then and if I were to drop down to say 4.5 would that make me ineligible to play the scratch cup comp. I know when you sign in it states your current handicap so I guess it would make me ineligible?

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

4.5 still makes your handicap 5 so you could play.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 reax

4.4 would make you ineligible

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

A lot of the junior scratch cups have gone from 5 to 4 with the GUI category change earlier this year, so possibly worth confirming. Something less to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Thanks for the replies didn't realise 4.5 still counted as 5. As it turned out I played great got 40points and was cut to 4.5 the cutoff for the scratch cup this weekend is 5 so I'm still able to play!

Advertisement