Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrauntwohill August

Options
  • 04-07-2018 1:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭

I'm considering climbing Carrauntwohill in August . Safety is paramount to me so whilst I'm not doing it with any friends im going to go up with a guided tour . I've contacted Kerry climbing and they have guided tours going up the devils ladder route in August . I'm a bit weary as I have a fear of heights and I heard this route can be dangerous. Please advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,780 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I have a fear of heights too. You have nothing to worry about going up the devils ladder with Kerry climbing. There are no exposed bits and the leaders will take good care of you. Enjoy your climb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

unkel wrote: »
    I have a fear of heights too. You have nothing to worry about going up the devils ladder with Kerry climbing. There are no exposed bits and the leaders will take good care of you. Enjoy your climb :)

+1 to this. I've seen the guys from Kerry Climbing up on the reek with clients on many occasions and you're in good hands.

The Devils ladder is a good route up, as unkel says, there are no exposed sections and once you pop your head out the top, there's a long pull to the top of Carrantouhill but it's not sheer at all.

Explain your fears to the guys from Kerry Climbing before you set out and they will ensure that you are looked after.

Advertisement