Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist Visa for India.

Options
  • 04-07-2018 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I’m travelling to India at the end of October and will be there for nearly 3 weeks. I’ll be applying on line for an e-visa but what I’m a bit confused about is the timing of doing so. I know that you can only only apply 120 days in advance but does that 120 days have to allow for the time you’re actually there or is it from your date of arrival? According to my calculations I could apply now as it’s exactly 120 days to my arrival date in India.
    Thanks folks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Send it to the embassy for the visa.
    I was in India last year. The evisa system is a nightmare as it's a special desk.
    Normal visa stamp just gets shown at immigration desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭limerickabroad

If you do go for the e-visa (I agree with the previous poster, btw. , if you have time get the visa in advance from Dublin, the queues for the e-visa in Delhi Airport are a nightmare), make sure you use the official government site, and not a fake site (some of which look amazingly similar to the real thing). Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

If you do go for the e-visa (I agree with the previous poster, btw. , if you have time get the visa in advance from Dublin, the queues for the e-visa in Delhi Airport are a nightmare), make sure you use the official government site, and not a fake site (some of which look amazingly similar to the real thing). Best of luck!

In fairness the Indian Government websites look a bit fake themselves :pac:

A friend of mine applied for an OCI, I saw the website and was like "wtf .. you sure that's the real one"

https://passport.gov.in/oci/

Advertisement