Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to save dolla bills. Help

Options
  • 03-07-2018 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,

I'm new to boards & hoping someone can help.
    I'm 21 & on an internship for the rest of the summer in Dublin before I go back to college in Limerick. I earn roughly €790 a month after all bills etc.

I have absolutely no savings (which is embarrassing for my age and I'm stressing like no other). I have a few events coming up during the summer & I want to visit America for a week but doubtful about it now.

I want to start putting money away for my future. How do I max this out & also enjoy my summer? Should I park some of my plans & invest in my future instead? I'm not too pushed about America. I feel like a bit of a failure because I have no savings. (Self inflicted I know).
    Some savings tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

One word: Budget (which I think you're already doing!).

There are a few things you need to do, like weekly meal prepping (no takeaways) / curtail spot-spending (hitting the atm on a night out) / set up a direct debit to a savings account (bank or credit union).

It'll be tough, but worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 areyouwinning

Yep, already doing so! Dublin is just so expensive. Once in a blue moon I'd get a takeaway. I have longitude & a day at the Galway races & London coming up, but I'm just gonna have to set up the DD account to my credit union and live on bare minimum haha! Sometimes I just get so stressed about money

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

With your plans, no way you can afford to go to the US I'm the next 6 months anyway. You need to be realistic. I assume you're livong at home or somewhere with no rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 areyouwinning

Yeah I'll have to scratch it but I don't mind. (I kindve knew anyway). Nope, rent is 520 a month, so it's pretty grim but not the worst

Advertisement