Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a sim without a monthly plan

Options
  • 03-07-2018 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I want to test software on a phone. I need a valid sim I can add credit to but I don't want a monthly minimum.

Is there a company doing a sim you can add amounts like €5 to and just use the phone until that runs out?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Most, if not all the PAYG options allow this as an option.

You topup by €20 etc to avail of the monthly offer, like free calls & texts. Outside of this, or if you dont put €XX credit on the account you just pay per minute.

What amount of calls/texts/data to you want to use?
    Some addon bundles could be good as they dont always expire by days.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Thanks for that Davy, I don't think I want much in the way of calls at all. I would like to be able to receive calls, send occasional texts and use a small amount of data maybe up to a max of €10 per month - but I wouldn't like to to hit that every month in fact some months I wouldn't use it at all and would like zero expenditure.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

that's very helpful, thanks.

Advertisement