Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seriously Drogheda

• 03-07-2018 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Seriously Drogheda why is it thst every year you are so late with geting your Congress rated?? Everyone else can do it in a timely fashion yet we are still waiting for yours to be done!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Vampslayer

Vampslayer wrote: »
    Seriously Drogheda why is it thst every year you are so late with geting your Congress rated?? Everyone else can do it in a timely fashion yet we are still waiting for yours to be done!

Thanks finally rated today!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Rathminor

Any reason why only 5 of the 6 rounds for Drogheda are rated?
    The round 6 results are on the Drogheda website but are not rated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

It's only the top section that appears to be an issue for?

Weird though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

I agree it's weird that a round is missing and probably the fault of the Drogheda club for submitting results late. With luck the ICU rating officer has received them by now.

Perhaps the rating officer is currently om holiday and will catch up soon because there are many events outstanding for rating by the end of this month in advance of the City of Dublin Championships and Leinster Leagues which will need up to date ratings for nearly everyone.

He told me a few weeks ago he was waiting for some results from junior events played abroad which would need to be included to have some players' ratings correct before rating the Irish Championship and associated events. There were well over a hundred players involved in the Irish too so it's probably several evenings' work to get the ratings up to date.

Also to get the Irish (five separate tournaments) in to FIDE. Not an enviable task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭sodacat11

We should all be very thankful that people are willing to take on jobs like Rating Officer, even if it was a paid position I don't think I'd do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

sodacat11 wrote: »
    We should all be very thankful that people are willing to take on jobs like Rating Officer, even if it was a paid position I don't think I'd do it.

I quite agree; I wouldn't have the qualifications to do the job even if it was paid. It's a thankless job.

One problem is that in recent years the ICU has moved to more frequent rating lists, raising expectations, at the same time as the number of events and of active players has increased.

So the onus is really on organisers, especially the Drogheda Club who seem to have fallen down badly here, to submit results in a timely manner and in the correct format to make the rating officer's job as straightforward as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭sodacat11

Ahh sure isn't Drogheda one of those backward areas of the country? They probably don't have the Internet up there yet never mind anyone who would know how to use a computer. Probably all happily whittling away and playing their banjoes without a care in the world, God bless them.

Advertisement