Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Respraying

Options
  • 02-07-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi Guys

My car has some pretty bad paintwork damage on it so was looking to get the front and rear bumper resprayed. I've been around pricing it,Pratts, Corcorans, Carlow Autobody Repairs and to Dermodys on the Hacketstown Rd...

Just wondering if anyone knows any other reputable places around the locality I could get a quote from as well? Or if anyone has any experience in dealing with any of the above,maybe they can share them...

Any advice appreciated:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

celticsfan wrote: »
    Hi Guys

My car has some pretty bad paintwork damage on it so was looking to get the front and rear bumper resprayed. I've been around pricing it,Pratts, Corcorans, Carlow Autobody Repairs and to Dermodys on the Hacketstown Rd...

Just wondering if anyone knows any other reputable places around the locality I could get a quote from as well? Or if anyone has any experience in dealing with any of the above,maybe they can share them...

Any advice appreciated:)

All those would be very reputable and I don't think you'd have any issue with any of them. Pratt's are normally much dearer than the rest in my experience but they focus on insurance work and they do top notch work.

Had a job done recently with Carlow Autobody repairs (the lads up in Kernanstown estate) Thye did a great job on the car and their price was extremely reasonable compared to other quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

jay gatsby wrote: »
    All those would be very reputable and I don't think you'd have any issue with any of them. Pratt's are normally much dearer than the rest in my experience but they focus on insurance work and they do top notch work.

Had a job done recently with Carlow Autobody repairs (the lads up in Kernanstown estate) Thye did a great job on the car and their price was extremely reasonable compared to other quotes.

Thanks a million for your advice..Never had to deal with any of them before to be honest but was leaning towards Carlow Autobody..Henry gave me a very fair price,he's also mad busy which is a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

celticsfan wrote: »
    Thanks a million for your advice..Never had to deal with any of them before to be honest but was leaning towards Carlow Autobody..Henry gave me a very fair price,he's also mad busy which is a good sign!

That's who I dealt with aswell, didn't know him before and to be honest I didn't even know they were there till Pat Sheehan who was at this work for years put me onto them.

Were busy that time too but Henry was dead on - no sales talk or anything just said what they'd do and he did it.

I'd say you'll do alright with them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think Tom Lawlor Autobody is around the Carlow area... maybe towards Athy locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I've used Declan Fitzpatrick in Graigue (behind Alda motor factors) )several times and found his wrk top notch and prices very reasonable. Quick turn around too! I'll PM you his number

• Advertisement
Advertisement