Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensing Oil Burner.

Options
  • 02-07-2018 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I’m getting the OFCH system in the house overhauled. The plumber recommends replacing the existing burner which is too small for the amount of rads in the house with a condensing oil burner. The only concern I have is that I believe there may be an issue with a lot of steam exiting through the flue whether it’s exiin skywards or to the side.
    If it goes to the side I don’t want it ruining my garden and equally if it goes skyward I’m worried it may be an annoyance to my neighbour. I’m in a housing estate.
    Does anyone know if it really is an issue or is it something that I do need to think about?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

A good wide angled pic of the installation area would help us give you better advice.
    btw what is make and model of existing boiler and what is plumber recommending you to install?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

You can't install a non-condensing boiler these day anyway, if steam plume is a nuisance you can always fit a plume kit to take it to high level.

Advertisement