Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries 100

Options
  • 02-07-2018 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭

Heading down for the weekend. Just wondering if the Camping and Camper Van area is a "party animal" place or a resonable place to park up for the weekend.

Just a bit tired of going to races where there are drunk arseholes roaring, screaming and shouting until the wee hours of the morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I take it from the complete lack of response, that it's "party animal central"!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I don't know, but if bring ear plugs for bed, very handy if you're trying to sleep in a noisy environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sorry OP I can't answer your question because I live close enough that I ride to it.

But I'd imagine there's gonna be some drinking/partying, esp given the weather we have atm.

We might keep Doctor John Hinds in our thoughts tonight and this weekend. Its the third anniversary of the Doc's death at Skerries.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Sad to hear William Dunlop has passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

RIP William Dunlop.
    Shocked beyond belief here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Terrible news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

Jesus, I was glad when he pulled the plug at the tt. Dan kneen and William dunlop, 2 great riders and two sound lads gone in the space of a month. Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

RIP William

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I was so shocked by this. Very sad news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

Awful news to hear, I meet Joey Dunlop when I was 7 or 8 with my father who new him well according to my uncle. I remember how shaken my father was when he crashed in Estonia.

Riding on the road is infectious I can only imagine what road racing’s like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Absolute gent he really was, and such a brilliant technical rider....Was lucky enough to meet him a few times and I even got a t shirt and autograph book he signed for my then 8 yr old daughter that I am so glad I have now.

Really cant believe it...

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It was a very somber ride home from Skerries yesterday.

William Dunlop R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭prunudo

Matt Cooper about to have an item about it now. No doubt it will be typical Irish media coverage on road racing.

Wasn't actually as bad as I feared, had a motoring journalist who is a fan, gave a good account even with the usual style of questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

A kind soft spoken young man , will be sadly missed by all.

Advertisement