Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low pressure on hot side of Mixer tap

Options
  • 02-07-2018 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    There is an old style mixer tap in my bathroom and the pressure on the hot side is very very low,
    The pressure down stair and in the other upstairs bathroom are fine , Is this a problem with just the tap ?
    Is there any easy way to fix it  ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hey folks
    There is an old style mixer tap in my bathroom and the pressure on the hot side is very very low,
    The pressure down stair and in the other upstairs bathroom are fine , Is this a problem with just the tap ?
    Is there any easy way to fix it  ?

At a guess I’d imagine it’s a high pressure mixer and the cold is fed by the mains. The hot is gravity and is low pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    At a guess I’d imagine it’s a high pressure mixer and the cold is fed by the mains. The hot is gravity and is low pressure.

How could you tell and how could it be sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    How could you tell and how could it be sorted?

Usually it’s a flexi hose going up to the tap?

Advertisement