Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dramatic Flight Price changes ?

Options
  • 01-07-2018 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of flight prices changing dramatically when they go to book them ? I'm due to do a long-haul flight in August so I set up a price alert on Skyscanner about 6weeks ago. I wasn't looking at the alerts as they came in but reviewing them all today they were very small changes +/-20€ over 6 weeks, the most recent alert was yesterday which gave a price of €580. So when I went to book this afternoon Skyscanner still listed €580 but the site it forwarded me to listed €605 and the Airlines own website was €615. A few hours later I went back to book on the airlines site (as there was on ly €10 difference) but the price had jumped to €765! All the sites that skyscanner directs me to also seem to have jumped more or less in line with the airline. So, I'm very suspicious, the price is stable to within +/-€20 for over 6 weeks and then on the day I go to book it jumps by €165 from the previous max price ! Am I just really unlucky or is the airline jacking up the price simply because they figure there is interest in this ticket as a result of my searches ? If I wait further is it likely to fall again ?
    Anyone have any experience of how prices change ?

Thanks,

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Clear cookies and search again.

Also, search for a day either side of the dates you actually want.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bainneban

check other sites too, kayak et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

only the airlines have live pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Skyscanner isn't live pricing. It's just an indication. It's a bit hit and miss.

Advertisement