Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulate against timber, lath and lime

Options
  • 01-07-2018 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi There

We’re renovating an old house and we want to insulate under the bay window which consists of lath and lime with timber support.

I’m concerned that any insulation would need to allow the timber to breath or they could rot. I have attached a photo of the area. Does anyone have experience in this area and could they advise how to do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

engrish? wrote: »
    Hi There

We’re renovating an old house and we want to insulate under the bay window which consists of lath and lime with timber support.

I’m concerned that any insulation would need to allow the timber to breath or they could rot. I have attached a photo of the area. Does anyone have experience in this area and could they advise how to do it?

Thanks

Where is the photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

engrish? wrote: »
    Hi There

Thanks

https://m.imgur.com/ufr2ZkI

Advertisement