Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone/Eir broadband issues in Dublin this morning?

Options
  • 01-07-2018 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone else having broadband connectivity issues in Dublin this morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

VF is down in Drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

SachaJ wrote: »
    VF is down in Drogheda

Their DNS servers are down. Change your DNS to Google and it'll work fine
    8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,201 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Their DNS servers are down. Change your DNS to Google and it'll work fine
    8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Had the same issue in Mayo. So that's what fixed it? pure fluke I did that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Had the same issue in Mayo. So that's what fixed it? pure fluke I did that too.

Yeah I'm in Roscommon. No, they're still down, not answering pings

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Yeah I'm in Roscommon. No, they're still down, not answering pings

Sites hosted with cloudflare not working on Vodafone dsl. Others all working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone get through to support to raise it as an issue? I’m on hold for the past 16 mins...

Just off the phone from Vodafone after 48 mins on hold. Massive outage in the country, 2,000 customers affected. It is being worked on I’m told. Pity they couldn’t post on their forum or Twitter to advise us.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Massive outage in the country, 2,000 customers affected.

One of those statements is untrue (not saying its you Camper).

2000 subs is a single large exchange, thats an annoying outage but not unusual. The way its geographically disparate sounds like core kit like a RAS or their DNS cluster.

ED E wrote: »
    One of those statements is untrue (not saying its you Camper).

2000 subs is a single large exchange, thats an annoying outage but not unusual. The way its geographically disparate sounds like core kit like a RAS or their DNS cluster.

Ha! Yeah, she said different areas around the country and she called it a massive outage. To be fair it is a rare occurrence but none the less a message should have been put out on social channels or on their phone service when people were ringing in. Strange thing was some sites were working independent.ie being one. Boards or Rte wasn’t so I was using cellular data to have a moan on here...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Anyones vodafone broadband still acting up? Past few days every few minutes the connection goes to ****e and youtube/boards etc stop loading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement