Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring UK reg car in Ireland

Options
  • 30-06-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Can I insure a UK reg car in Ireland? I am returning to Ireland after 6 years in New Zealand. My mother lives in England and has offered us her 2006 Honda CRV for a few months to do us until we get on our feet a bit.
    Am I better off buying a newer car in Ireland to get cheaper insurance, I have heard older cars have very high premiums.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You would potentially have to vrt the car if you brought it in also. As you would be an Irish resident. Not legally allowed drive a UK reg in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 22 masterluke3

Get your aunt to put you on her insurance as a named driver and then enjoy your holiday in Ireland for a couple of months. Once you decide you are going to stay here you can get an Irish reg car sorted out.

N

Advertisement