Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother of my child is cheating on me, not sure how to proceed

Options
  • 29-06-2018 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

My GF and mother of my little boy is cheating on me, she has been doing for 4/5 months (if not longer). I did accuse her of it before but she denied it and I backed down (I made a mess of the situation)

It has been going on since and I've dealt with it for the sake of the boy

My issue is, I'm terrified that if I end it, she could make my life hell with regards to seeing my little fella. I've also moved up the country to be with her and we're paying a fairly heftyrental cost, so I can't afford to move out and I don't really want to move away from him. (and I don't want him to lose his current house)

She has a horrendous temper and she is a blatant lier and manipulative, so I'm also concerned she will make my life a hell if we break up.

I feel completely trapped and have no idea what to do.

I'm away from my friends and family, I've a very demanding job and it can be tough but my little fella keeps me going and if I was stopped from seeing him, I'd crumble.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Speak to a solicitor. They can advise you better than anyone on here can.

You need to get out of this toxic relationship OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭heretothere

Your situation sounds awful!

Yes speak to a solicitor. You never know she might agree to let you have full custody.

You can't let her go on cheating on you and making your life miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Are you his official guardian? Named on his birth cert? There is an organisation who should be able to help you. I think they are called Treoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think you need to speak to a solicitor and make plans to leave. I don't think you will gain anything by asking her to admit cheating, she will only turn it around on you and you will feel crap again. I'm sorry, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Keep records of anything and proof of the cheating if possible.

Very sad for you and the child.

As above get onto a family law solicitor and be prepared for a fight to get visitation etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

See a solicitor as suggested. It's always in a child's best interest to have all caregivers involved so you will have a good case. Just keep it amicable and do what you need to in order to prevent her putting you in provocative situations.

I'm sorry for your situation but you do need to stop being a doormat. You need to leave this relationship for your own sanity. Any agreed maintenance for your child will go towards ensuring you get regular contact. You may or may not want to consider a paternity test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Make sure when you move out, you pay something in maintenance for the baby. The judge will grant you rights a lot easier if you can prove you still have the best interests of the child at heart. Also no violence or losing the head.

Advertisement