Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBD windscreen cover - in France :-(

Options
  • 29-06-2018 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently (last 10 days) taken out comprehensive car insurance with FBD as my old policy was expiring and they offered the most competitive quote.

I'm now in France on the family holiday (ferry to Roscoff and drive to campsite) and due to return home next weekend but this morning whilst out driving my car a truck coming in the opposite direction carrying open bags of gravel (large bags like the skip type bags you can buy in Woodies) drove past and the bags must have been over full or not correctly secured as it was raining stones down on the oncoming traffic and one stone cracked my windscreen. I initially thought little of it as it was just a chip in the middle of the windscreen which was obscured by the rear view mirror but this evening when going out for dinner the chip had developed into a crack about 25cm wide parallel to the dash board.

The FBD website says windscreen cover is included and replacement if free so long as one of their approved suppliers is used to do the job but I'm guessing they won't have any approved suppliers in France or in the remote area I'm in which is about an hour south west of Bordeaux near a town called Mimizan.

Has anyone here any experience or knowledge of whether windscreen cover can be used outside Ireland on FBD policies? I'll call them Monday morning to get a definitive response from them but this is going to bug me over the weekend and not only that but if the crack gets any worse I may just have to go get it done regardless as I don't want to risk the windscreen imploding fully laden with the family on board!!

Thanks.

Advertisement