Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cunningham House vs Modern

• 29-06-2018 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I'm just finishing out my application for Trinity Hall and for my budget I have to decide between a Cunningham House single room or a Modern shared room. Is the upgrade in facilities worth having to share a room in Modern? Are the people in Cunningham house really isolated like I've read, and how many of them are there compared to those in Modern?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I was in Cunningham, I think it will depend on the other people in your houses etc. and not on the facilities, if people make the effort and get along it'll get great, I'm still friends with many of the Cunningham house crew.

I had a great time when I was there, bear in mind you'll be sharing a kitching / dining area with 12 other people ( 6 rooms per floor if I remember correctly (it was 8 years ago)) but each floor has 2 bathrooms, never found it an issue.

The bedrooms in Cunningham are quite big and I just could not share a bedroom with anyone else in rented accommodation

Never felt like it was isolated, regularly had parties, get-togethers and people over from the modern apartments.

If it hasn't changed from when I was there, there were to male houses with 12 in each , and a larger female house with either 18 or 24 ( the girls house had either 3 or 4 floors I think)

Hope that helps!

Advertisement