Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Sky Q 20eur a month for new subscribers

Options
  • 29-06-2018 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭

just looking at a subscriber offer for sky Q at 20eur a month for 12 months and 25euro installation fee - am I right so far? anything else that should jump out at me in the small print? and anything big i should be aware of before ordering?

There is an existing SKY HD dish on the wall of the house with 2 Cables, but from what I can make out anyway that the old HD dish does not work with SKY Q anyway so will have to be removed (would I be better to remove that before an engineer came to fit the Sky Q dish or would they just come out and take the old dish down and put up a Q dish in its place?)

I know there is a 'ask sky' section on boards but I want impartial non biased answers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

If the dish and cabling are ok they will leave them and just replace the LNB on the dish arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

The Cush wrote: »
    If the dish and cabling are ok they will leave them and just replace the LNB on the dish arm.

ah right thanks - it has 2 cables and to fit any more cables through the wall the existing 2 cables would have to come out then a bigger hole drilled to accommodate more cables .... are they likely to charge more than 25euro if it not a straight forward installation do you reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

ah right thanks - it has 2 cables and to fit any more cables through the wall the existing 2 cables would have to come out then a bigger hole drilled to accommodate more cables .... are they likely to charge more than 25euro if it not a straight forward installation do you reckon?

How many boxes are currently connected to the dish? Do you wish to keep any existing boxes working when you get Q installed? If so you will need to ask the installer for a hybrid LNB.

The main Q box needs two cables. Additional mini Q boxes do not need cables and work wirelessly off the main box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

That offer does not include HD, that's an extra 10 euro a month for 12 months, then 17 a month. Ultra HD is not included either.

And after 12 months they take the box back and if they fit the q lnb you wont pick up any free channels. They use shotgun cable which is very small so any hole needed will be small. The normal package is 29.50 a month so only saving 9.50 a month. Sky q with no hd its not worth it.

How many boxes are currently connected to the dish? Do you wish to keep any existing boxes working when you get Q installed? If so you will need to ask the installer for a hybrid LNB.

The main Q box needs two cables. Additional mini Q boxes do not need cables and work wirelessly off the main box.

thanks for the reply - no other sky boxes no, thats better that the Q LNB only needs 2 cables then to run

• Advertisement

swoofer wrote: »
    That offer does not include HD, that's an extra 10 euro a month for 12 months, then 17 a month. Ultra HD is not included either.

And after 12 months they take the box back and if they fit the q lnb you wont pick up any free channels. They use shotgun cable which is very small so any hole needed will be small. The normal package is 29.50 a month so only saving 9.50 a month. Sky q with no hd its not worth it.

thanks for the reply - ah i see all these things do add up then if you want all these extras. bar the HD thing its handy that you can record 3 things whilst watching the 4th (got that correct havent I?) - when i press 'info' on my tv it reports all the stuff I am watching as 576i and that does for us so not too bothered about HD and certainly wouldnt pay more just to get HD. not got a ultra HD TV so no issue there

Yes, i see there you never own the box with this system then, its always the property of SKY. - they hardly take the box back after 12months if you continue to subscribe and pay the 29.50 PM ?

Advertisement