Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No pressure on Well pump

Options
  • 29-06-2018 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We moved into a 4 bed detached house in countryside 18 months ago. Have been having a few issues with the well pump. Ive never had a well so dont know the ins and outs of it but basically well pump use to read around 30-50 psi and water pressure was excellent. Lately ive had to adjust the switch down so the pump is not constantly running via the 2 nuts on the front of the switch. Now we get alot of airlocks inside the house and water pressure is not great. Any idea what could be happening here ?
    Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

dar_cool wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We moved into a 4 bed detached house in countryside 18 months ago. Have been having a few issues with the well pump. Ive never had a well so dont know the ins and outs of it but basically well pump use to read around 30-50 psi and water pressure was excellent. Lately ive had to adjust the switch down so the pump is not constantly running via the 2 nuts on the front of the switch. Now we get alot of airlocks inside the house and water pressure is not great. Any idea what could be happening here ?
    Thanks for the help

Filter could need cleaning. I’m not that familiar with these pumps either but I’d try that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

How deep is it? Shallow wells may come under pressure supply wise with all the dry weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Im not sure on depth and i dont see a filter unless there is one on the head down in the well but it has been like this for a little while now before the good weather, i was reading online it could be the bladder off the tank. Might have to call in a plumber.

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Similar problem, our well is 200ft deep if memory serves correctly. Never had an issue with supply or pressure but the past week our pressure has tanked. Is the heat playing tricks on the pressure vessel or are there likely other issues at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Just incase this might help anyone but it was my foot valve at the end of the suction pipe that was leaking on mine. I pulled it out to inspect it and it had broken up. New one was only 8 euro. Result!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement