Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 game quality vs Xbox One

Options
  • 29-06-2018 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

This may be a silly question but I'm curious.
    I currently have a ten year old xbox 360 and I want to upgrade. I'm just wondering is there any advantage to buying the xbox one versions of my games as opposed to just popping the existing games in and playing them on the new console?

Would the graphics etc. be better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Lumpy_Custard

eet fuk wrote: »
    I currently have a ten year old xbox 360 and I want to upgrade. I'm just wondering is there any advantage to buying the xbox one versions of my games as opposed to just popping the existing games in and playing them on the new console?

Quite a few 360 games are now backwards compatible on the One, so don't go throwing them out or selling them for pennies just yet...

Battlefield 4 was the first cross-gen game I saw running on the One, and the difference was night and day. Double the framerate, and much better looking in general. Battlefield 1 was leaps and bound ahead of that again.

If you play a particular game online a fair bit, and it's also available on the Xbox One, the servers should be more populated on the newer console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Any game that had versions for both Xbox 360 and Xbox One will look leaps and bounds better on the Xbox One.

Some backwards compatible games have enhancements available, but in general it's a separate issue that relates to older games that don't have current-gen versions.

EG playing the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 4 as outlined above on the Xbox One might give you a better framerate, but visually it won't look like the XB1 version, and the gameplay mechanics would remain radically different (smaller maps, half the player count, etc).

Generally speaking, if it was actually released on both platforms, the XB1 version will be far superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Lumpy_Custard

EG playing the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 4 as outlined above on the Xbox One might give you a better framerate, but visually it won't look like the XB1 version, and the gameplay mechanics would remain radically different (smaller maps, half the player count, etc).

Well I was actually talking about the Xbox One version, but maybe I could have phrased it better. Good point regarding maps and player count, a fair few of them had extra flags for 64- player conquest.

• Administrators Posts: 53,466 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

eet fuk wrote: »

The Xbox One version of any game will look better.

But remember you can't transfer progress for your games from one version to the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well I was actually talking about the Xbox One version, but maybe I could have phrased it better. Good point regarding maps and player count, a fair few of them had extra flags for 64- player conquest.

No I understand fully, I was agreeing and further pointing out the differences between versions! It's me who could've phrased it better :)

And it's 64 player on XB1/PS4, and 24 player on consoles. That's a crazy difference. I remember getting BF4 for €1 in Argos a while back and I bought it out of sheer curiosity to see what it was like online.

In my opinion it's a game that just didn't work on last gen. Graphics were shoddy, maps were small, and mostly empty because of the low player count. It's no wonder Battlefield is only starting to gain major traction on consoles now with the current gen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement