Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Married with Children

Options
  • 28-06-2018 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

I remember when I was younger this used to be on RTE every Saturday and even as a nipper I still found it funny. I was browsing some clips on youtube and it appears to really popular even now. At the time it was aired Fox was remotely available in America but eventually it made it's way all over the world.

How do you think it would be perceived in the year 2018? It's crude and misogynist at the best of times but in a loving sort of way. They stuck up for each other when they needed to. Can't imagine anyone other than Ed O'Neill playing the part of Al.

Here's some of my favourite clips

Maybe best one liner in the show

Funniest choreographed scene

And who could forget, Psycho dad :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Al Bundy, Victor Meldrew and Homer Simpson.... My three all-time heroes...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

NO MA'AM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

They said "Give the ball to Bundy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

"Life didn't pass me by, it sat on my head."

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Vote4Napoleon

Peggy: Al I'm home did u miss me?
    Al: with every bullet so far Peg.
    😂😂😂😂😂 wotta hero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I first saw this while working in Germany. It was dubbed in German so I couldn't understand what was being said but I still enjoyed it.

Advertisement