Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 & Google Chrome

Options
  • 28-06-2018 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭

Recently "upgraded" to Windows 10. Since then Google chrome has ceased to function, timing out on sites (eg "This site can’t be reached
    www.rte.ie took too long to respond.") which are simultaneously accessible via the "edge" browser. I've updated Windows as of this evening, and still no joy. Also tried Chrome Canary and no luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Strange. Do u use any addons or extensions? Try opening in addons disabled.

Try Opera browser in the meantime till you sort it out. I find it less troublesome than chrome in fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

AllForIt wrote: »
    Strange. Do u use any addons or extensions? Try opening in addons disabled.

Try Opera browser in the meantime till you sort it out. I find it less troublesome than chrome in fact!

ty

It's just bog standard chrome with nothing added. No compatibility mode enabled, no proxies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Well I've no idea what's going on sorry.

I guess the problem has to be the chrome browser software since your internet is working otherwise. Be interesting to see if the portable version of chrome works https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

The only other thing I can think off is that some other software is blocking it from accessing the internet like a firewall or something.

Was it a clean install of windows 10 or did you update 7 keeping all your programmes? If so that might have caused it. Have you tried uninstalling completely chorme and reinstalling it...

AllForIt wrote: »
    Well I've no idea what's going on sorry.

I guess the problem has to be the chrome browser software since your internet is working otherwise. Be interesting to see if the portable version of chrome works https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

The only other thing I can think off is that some other software is blocking it from accessing the internet like a firewall or something.

Was it a clean install of windows 10 or did you update 7 keeping all your programmes? If so that might have caused it. Have you tried uninstalling completely chorme and reinstalling it...

Firewall allows it, was a clean install, have reinstalled it.

Tried Opera but no joy. Firefox works however, and I'll be sticking with that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement