Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor socket install

Options
  • 27-06-2018 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭

Quick question for the electrical experts here - I am getting a plug in hybrid car shortly and would like to install a weatherproof 3 pin power socket outside on the wall of the house to charge it. I am clueless when it come to electrical stuff so I will need to get an electrician to install it. What kind of costs (roughly) would be involved?

I see the sockets themselves can be got for ~€40, but with the electrician to install what would I be looking at? And roughly how much work is involved in getting it installed, would holes need to be drilled right into the house to connect it up? Sorry for the noob questions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're going to the bother of installing a new external power point, it might be worth considering something beefier than a domestic 13A socket, that will give you future options for faster charging in case you ever buy an (all-electric) EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I would only I'm in a rented house - the basics will do for the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,244 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Elessar wrote: »
    I would only I'm in a rented house - the basics will do for the minute!

well the landlord may not agree to start with

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement