Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylormade Made Spider Mini

Options
  • 27-06-2018 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone using the above putter?

I'm going to change shortly and was leaning towards the standard spider (with sightline) but saw a few photos of the mini yesterday and I think it might suit my eye a little more.

Has anyone seen one in the shops here yet? It's not listed on Mcguirks and American Golf have one listed but doesn't show the store it's in stock in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭danap

Hi TitianGerm,

I purchased mine over a week ago and have played several rounds with it. Really nice putter. Weight and feel are superb. The face insert is very responsive. You know straight away when you miss the middle of the face. Face weighted putter so suited for a straight back to straight through putter action.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

danap wrote: »
    Hi TitianGerm,

I purchased mine over a week ago and have played several rounds with it. Really nice putter. Weight and feel are superb. The face insert is very responsive. You know straight away when you miss the middle of the face. Face weighted putter so suited for a straight back to straight through putter action.

Thanks for that Dan. Currently have a face balanced Ghost putter so it's due an upgrade!!

Where did you pick yours up?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Thanks for that Dan. Currently have a face balanced Ghost putter so it's due an upgrade!!

Where did you pick yours up?
    I picked mine up in American Golf in Cork. They had 1 other in stock but that was last week. Since you're already using a face balanced putter and looking for an upgrade it might be a no-brainer. Obviously I'd suggest you try it out before buying but I do love the "feel" of it and it also comes with a SUPERSTROKE PISTOL GTR 1.0 grip which feels good in the hands. My 2 cents.

I picked mine up in American Golf in Cork. They had 1 other in stock but that was last week. Since you're already using a face balanced putter and looking for an upgrade it might be a no-brainer. Obviously I'd suggest you try it out before buying but I do love the "feel" of it and it also comes with a SUPERSTROKE PISTOL GTR 1.0 grip which feels good in the hands. My 2 cents.

Oh I'll definitely be trying it out before I purchase.

I have a set of G15 irons in the attic so that'll nick a small bit off the price if the shop will take a trade in.

American Golf in Cork are offering 25% off at the moment so that will knock more off the price. I think they are €279 new so with 25% off you're looking at €209 minus whatever you get for the trade in.

• Advertisement

American Golf in Cork are offering 25% off at the moment so that will knock more off the price. I think they are €279 new so with 25% off you're looking at €209 minus whatever you get for the trade in.

I doubt I'll be down that direction in the next while unfortunately.

I doubt I'll be down that direction in the next while unfortunately.
    You might be able to use this info at whatever store you're thinking about purchasing from. May get you a few quid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can't believe putters are going for that sort of money. wow

callaway92 wrote: »
    Can't believe putters are going for that sort of money. wow

Some of the Scotties are €329.

People will pay €400 for a driver and hit it 14-15 times a round, but people will baulk at €300 for a putter which would be used twice as often per round.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Some of the Scotties are €329.

People will pay €400 for a driver and hit it 14-15 times a round, but people will baulk at €300 for a putter which would be used twice as often per round.

I get you, but for me, putters are all about feel/psychological?

Would there not be enough in the €100-€180 market?

Just curiosity really

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    I get you, but for me, putters are all about feel/psychological?

Would there not be enough in the €100-€180 market?

Just curiosity really

I agree but it's about feel and look at address to me.

To my eye the spider and mini look really good, however I might not like the feel when I try them and might have to look at a different option.

So I picked up the Mini yesterday. Red with a double bend in the shaft and a Super Stroke pistol GTR 1.0 grip.

€280 in American Golf but I'd a set of Ping G15 irons in the attic that I traded in against it. Net cost €95.

Used it today on the course and the ball had a lovely roll and a really nice sound coming off the face. Very easy to line up correctly and very nice weight through the stroke.

Only one three putt today and I wasn't hitting it close from the fairway so very happy with my putting overall. Very happy with my purchase so far.

Delighted for you Titan. I love how easy it is to align it to target. Now if only I could read the line properly :-)

Delighted for you Titan. I love how easy it is to align it to target. Now if only I could read the line properly :-)

You'll get there :pac:

Advertisement