Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cysts on my son

Options
  • 27-06-2018 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

My little fella has 2 cysts on his stomach and chest he's 8 and getting to the age were he is conscious of what he wears and how he looks etc :rolleyes: but we are going on holidays in August so the misses brought him to the Doc's to see about getting them removed.
    But was told they are harmless and to leave them as they will go themselves and removing them will leave scars. But he has them over a year and they don't see them going anytime soon. Is there anything you can do to help the process?

I had a couple as a kid and always got them removed and had no scars to be honest I think its a bit of a poor response form the doctors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

benny79 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My little fella has 2 cysts on his stomach and chest he's 8 and getting to the age were he is conscious of what he wears and how he looks etc :rolleyes: but we are going on holidays in August so the misses brought him to the Doc's to see about getting them removed.
    But was told they are harmless and to leave them as they will go themselves and removing them will leave scars. But he has them over a year and they don't see them going anytime soon. Is there anything you can do to help the process?

I had a couple as a kid and always got them removed and had no scars to be honest I think its a bit of a poor response form the doctors.

Scars are way cooler than cysts.

How does the lad feel about potential scars? Your GP should be able to facilitate the procedure if you explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

Thanks I was talking to a girl in works and she knows loads of kids that have them she told me it seems to be a common thing but the are harmless and will fall off but can take up to 3 years. There not a cyst or a skin tag there's some medical name for them. They look like a rice crispy. So may just leave them and but sudco cream on them.

Advertisement