Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking trails Meath?

Options
  • 27-06-2018 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Can anyone give me some advice on accessing walking trails around Meath.I am not driving so I will be needing to get to Meath by public transport , so any walks or woods that wouldn't be too far from a bus. (Coming from Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Have you tried the Hill of Tara? 109/109a Bus Eireann from Dublin towards Navan & Cavan drops you close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crimsondee

rizzee wrote: »
    Have you tried the Hill of Tara? 109/109a Bus Eireann from Dublin towards Navan & Cavan drops you close by.
    Hi yes!That's something I've done...was hoping to kind of get lost in the woods type walk today ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hmm there's Balrath Woods near Kentstown! But unsure if there are bus services.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Bus to Navan and from the Ramparts car park walk along the Boyne to Slane. Bus home from Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crimsondee

Borderfox wrote: »
    Bus to Navan and from the Ramparts car park walk along the Boyne to Slane. Bus home from Slane

Ah great I'll check that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Navan Ladies HC

Or how about Dalgan Park? You can get the 109 to right outside the door, albeit you have to cross what can be a very busy road.
    http://www.discoverboynevalley.ie/plan-your-visit/things-to-do/dalgan-park

Advertisement