Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Zoe Deals??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭ei9go

Phil in Electric Autos will get you one at very close to the UK prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Bixler3 wrote: »
    Looking at the UK market, the Zoe suffers the greatest depreciation of any car (worse than Alfa Romeo) https://www.whatcar.com/news/fastest-depreciating-cars/#20.

This has resulted in exceptional deals of >£10,000 off a new Zoe

A hasn't resulted in B :)

From the depreciation figures in your link it is clear that the Zoe actually depreciates very little but is sold at a great discount

List price: £29,020

Depreciation after year 1: £21,770 (75.0%) Year 2: £22,845 (78.7%) Year 3: £23,920 (82.4%)

Only just over a grand depreciation in year 2 and year 3! The lowish value after one year is because it was sold at a great discount

And those deals you quote must be misleading. I have no doubt they are battery lease car (cheap to buy but impossible to sell as the lease lasts the life of the car and has to be signed by a new owner before buying it)

ei9go wrote: »
    Phil in Electric Autos will get you one at very close to the UK prices.

It would be interesting to know for how much he could get a base new Z41 on the road for in Ireland (battery owned). Have you any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

Thanks for that unkel, good points, think I need to do some more homework.
    Appreciate the information.

unkel wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know for how much he could get a base new Z41 on the road for in Ireland (battery owned). Have you any idea?

I will contact him next week & ask exactly that thanks.

• Advertisement

Good luck and please report back to us! And FYI, Phil is a well known and well trusted seller of EVs (and parts). I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying from him.

unkel wrote: »
    Good luck and please report back to us! And FYI, Phil is a well known and well trusted seller of EVs (and parts). I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying from him.

Phil is going to key an eye out for me for a 2017 Zoe.

Also contacted Jonathon at eco-cars.net who said that 2nd hand 40kWh Zoe's are rare at the moment.

Checked out a 2017 Zoe on Autotrader priced at £12,200 but you were right, it is a battery lease model.

Phil is going to key an eye out for me for a 2017 Zoe.

Also contacted Jonathon at eco-cars.net who said that 2nd hand 40kWh Zoe's are rare at the moment.

Checked out a 2017 Zoe on Autotrader priced at £12,200 but you were right, it is a battery lease model.

Got a quote of £18260 on the road for a Zoe with battery by autoebid.com. Checking if I can avail of the UK EV grant.

Got a quote of £18260 on the road for a Zoe with battery by autoebid.com. Checking if I can avail of the UK EV grant.

Looks like I would be caught out by the VAT regulations on new cars.

- Could buy a car in UK and not pay VAT but could not drive the car on UK roads
    - Would then have to pay Irish VAT (23% vs 20% in UK) at point of import
    - VRT would be zero.

So bottom line I would have to have the car shipped by container to Ireland and then pay VAT here, so between freight costs and the extra VAT the savings start to go down significantly.

At the moment Renault Ireland are offering the iDynamique at 27490 less 1200 and PCP at 1.2% which would be around 280 per month for three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Looks like I would be caught out by the VAT regulations on new cars.

- Could buy a car in UK and not pay VAT but could not drive the car on UK roads
    - Would then have to pay Irish VAT (23% vs 20% in UK) at point of import
    - VRT would be zero.

So bottom line I would have to have the car shipped by container to Ireland and then pay VAT here, so between freight costs and the extra VAT the savings start to go down significantly.

At the moment Renault Ireland are offering the iDynamique at 27490 less 1200 and PCP at 1.2% which would be around 280 per month for three years.

No dealer is going to sell you a brand new car less UK grants without a UK address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Michael 1

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you buy a Renault zoe from the UK and it's on a battery lease as most of them are..
    Can the lease be transferred to Ireland and paid here?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Michael 1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you buy a Renault zoe from the UK and it's on a battery lease as most of them are..
    Thanks in advance.

I would stay clear unless it's been cleared over the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Michael 1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

It can, and you can renegotiate the terms. i.e. if the original lease was high, due to high agreed mileage, you can agree to lower mileage and a lower lease.

TBH though, I think you'll have a lot of trouble selling a leased-battery Zoe when the time comes for you to upgrade. May not be worth the hassle.

Advertisement