Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporarily attach basketball hoop to tree

Options
  • 26-06-2018 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a metal basketball hoop. It has a square plate at the back with 4 holes.

I want to attach it to either a tree or lamp post and be able to take it down handily enough.

Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭cletus

Hi
    I have a metal basketball hoop. It has a square plate at the back with 4 holes.

I want to attach it to either a tree or lamp post and be able to take it down handily enough.

Any tips?

Two different things really. For a lamp post something like two u-bolts, depending on the diameter of the post, might work.

If the tree is big enough, you could just run four lag bolts into the trunk. You might want to use spacers behind the plate to keep the hoop square and level.

One thing to consider, if you put it on the lamp post without a back board, you (or the kids) could spend a lot of time chasing missed shots

Advertisement