Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Saver Account

Options
  • 26-06-2018 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

How do I find out if my mortgage saver account is open?  

Sounds like a silly question but we submitted our docs and had to resubmit an address doc, which was grand. Then nothing happened so I sent a question to support a few days later to ask if new address doc was received. No reply from the support email address. 

I called into the Sandyford branch a few days later and they were great, a couple of hours later I got a text that just said this is your BOI Bic + Iban.  Nothing else.

Now a week later I'm wondering is the Account open?  Is the first savings payment going to come out of my current account shortly?  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

How do I find out if my mortgage saver account is open?  

Sounds like a silly question but we submitted our docs and had to resubmit an address doc, which was grand. Then nothing happened so I sent a question to support a few days later to ask if new address doc was received. No reply from the support email address. 

I called into the Sandyford branch a few days later and they were great, a couple of hours later I got a text that just said this is your BOI Bic + Iban.  Nothing else.

Now a week later I'm wondering is the Account open?  Is the first savings payment going to come out of my current account shortly?  

Hi michaelmcgrath,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

When you receive your IBAN details this would mean the account is now open and your direct debit should go out on the date you chose for it to start. You can add it to view on your account on 365 Online by going to the Service Desk and then Add Account. The last eight digits of your IBAN is your account number.
    Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Arock47

Hi All,

Went to open a Joint mortgage saver account but it says it can only be funded by 1 current account... which defeats the purpose of a joint savings account.

Any way around this?

Thanks

Luke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Luke, thanks for checking in with us.

I'm afraid only 1 direct debit can be in place for the mortgage saver account.

Many thanks,

Alison

Advertisement