Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well dry after a leak

Options
  • 25-06-2018 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi . So my well looks to have run dry after I discovered an outside tap supply had sprung a leak .

Can anyone give advice on what to do and likely scenarios ?

Mainly - will the supply replenish ?

Will the pump have been damaged ?

Zero pressure now in the the tank and no clicking noise that usually happens when I switch the pump on and off .

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Daz_ wrote: »
    Hi . So my well looks to have run dry after I discovered an outside tap supply had sprung a leak .

Can anyone give advice on what to do and likely scenarios ?

Mainly - will the supply replenish ?

Will the pump have been damaged ?

Zero pressure now in the the tank and no clicking noise that usually happens when I switch the pump on and off .

Thanks

Is it possible the pump tripped out and needs to be reset or fixed?
    Are you sure there’s no water?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Is it possible the pump tripped out and needs to be reset or fixed?
    Are you sure there’s no water?

Now that you mentioned it I found the trip switch on the panel - seems to kick in again since the reset .

Would that have kicked in pretty quickly or impossible to know ?

Now that you mentioned it I found the trip switch on the panel - seems to kick in again since the reset .

Would that have kicked in pretty quickly or impossible to know ?

Might have overheated if it was running full bore for a certain amount of time. I’m not very familiar with submersible pumps, filter could have clogged it’s hard to know really. If it’s back running it’s back running.

Might have overheated if it was running full bore for a certain amount of time. I’m not very familiar with submersible pumps, filter could have clogged it’s hard to know really. If it’s back running it’s back running.

Much Appreciated thanks - thoughts of no water wasn’t good !

Much Appreciated thanks - thoughts of no water wasn’t good !

People panicking with the sun.

• Advertisement

People panicking with the sun.

Probably more to do with that fact that I have a 10 day old baby in the house .

Probably more to do with that fact that I have a 10 day old baby in the house .

Ah they don’t drink that much in fairness to them.

Advertisement