Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casual subbing - social welfare in summer?

Options
  • 25-06-2018 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all
    I was subbing in primary schools throughout the 2017/18 academic year in between study and teaching practice (currently in 2nd year of Hibernia PME Primary). Can anyone advise if I would be entitled to any social welfare payments this summer due to the fact that I was working during the year? I will call to the local social welfare office but just thought someone might know on here.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Yes, it should do. Just be sure to mention that you intend to look for work during the summer months. I did a maternity cover this year and also signed on during the various school breaks, fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

time2move wrote: »
    Hi all
    I was subbing in primary schools throughout the 2017/18 academic year in between study and teaching practice (currently in 2nd year of Hibernia PME Primary). Can anyone advise if I would be entitled to any social welfare payments this summer due to the fact that I was working during the year? I will call to the local social welfare office but just thought someone might know on here.

Thanks a lot

If you are not finished your studies - they will tell you that you are a student and not entitled to social welfare. I don't know if that has changed but it used to be the way when I was studying a few years ago but you were working through the year so that might make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

If you are not finished your studies - they will tell you that you are a student and not entitled to social welfare. I don't know if that has changed but it used to be the way when I was studying a few years ago but you were working through the year so that might make a difference.

Oops, I misread that as being finished the second year of the PME.

Advertisement