Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student teacher getting a teacher council number?

Options
  • 24-06-2018 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there.... just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me? Can a student primary teacher register with the teaching council with a view to doing sub work? I've searched the site and all forms appear to be related to qualified only however I was advised before that it could be done?! There is a video on the site bit I cannot get it to work!

Any info much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

If you already have a degree you can register under Further Education. Fill out form FE01.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TL17

You can sub even now for up to 5 days. Will get lower rate pay. Unqualified rate. Need to be finished college to get no

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lookingfor Help

TL17 wrote: »
    You can sub even now for up to 5 days. Will get lower rate pay. Unqualified rate. Need to be finished college to get no

Thanks for your reply..I was under impression after 2014 you had to have a teaching council number before a school would be allowed to let you sub! It's confusing!
    Would that be max 5 days per school or in a row with a break and then back again?
    I am starting primary school masters in Sept and had been told to apply now for the teaching council number as it takes months (my another student who is subbing) but just can't seem to get anywhere with it!
    Thanks for your info!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lookingfor Help

If you already have a degree you can register under Further Education. Fill out form FE01.

Hi there thanks for your reply....I will check out that form. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TL17

5 days. Could be one school or more. Then one day off and then 5 more.
    Schools don want unqualifieds but this year was different with sub shortages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Yep, fill out the FE01 and send it off. TC number in the post 5 weeks later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

TL17 wrote: »
    5 days. Could be one school or more. Then one day off and then 5 more.
    Schools don want unqualifieds but this year was different with sub shortages

Did anyone ever hear about putting that 'day off' at the end?
    I heard about a primary teacher who couldn't start cos the teaching council hadn't approved his number (even though he had all the qualifications etc submitted). Turned out he had to take holidays at the end of the year because they put all the 5 days together!

Advertisement