Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice lakes to swim in co.clare ?

Options
  • 24-06-2018 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Forget about lakes. Plenty beaches with lifeguards in Clare.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There has been 2 tragic deaths in Clare this year due to people swimming in unsafe locations so please only swim in lifeguard protected areas. http://www.iws.ie/bathing-areas/map.372.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mod hat on.

Users may have areas that they have swam safely in for years or really like or know that others always swim there, just because you think they are safe they may not be so, with this in mind DO NOT POST locations that are not supervised. I know I may seem to be heavy handed but I'd hate to have a situation where there is an accident in a location shared on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CeannLeime

I highly recommend that you go to the Pollock Holes in Kilkee. They are safe, naturally occurring pools in the West End, Kilkee, near to the Diamond Rocks café (which is also fabulous).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

CeannLeime wrote: »
    I highly recommend that you go to the Pollock Holes in Kilkee. They are safe, naturally occurring pools in the West End, Kilkee, near to the Diamond Rocks café (which is also fabulous).

Expect a red card for that. You are only allowed mention official lifeguarded locations around here. The spoil police are out in force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

As always take advice from Liam Neelson on https://www.watersafety.ie/
    It's 30secs of sensibility, but water can take life in less time.

Generally if you jump into a lake it's going to be much colder than a beach,
    your body will go into shock, if it's deep water the only fix is relax and float on your back,
    until body adjusts. Splashing around and gasping for breath isn't the way to go.

jasper100 wrote: »
    Expect a red card for that. You are only allowed mention official lifeguarded locations around here. The spoil police are out in force.

There are lifeguards in Kilkee, if you have a problem with a post report it don't make snide remarks at moderators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Clareman wrote: »
    There are lifeguards in Kilkee, if you have a problem with a post report it don't make snide remarks at moderators.

No lifeguard at the pollock holes. Its completely unsupervised and used by hundreds of people every day at the moment. Why you seek to censor people from knowing about these amazing and perfectly safe places is beyond me.

jasper100 wrote: »
    No lifeguard at the pollock holes. Its completely unsupervised and used by hundreds of people every day at the moment. Why you seek to censor people from knowing about these amazing and perfectly safe places is beyond me.

Because 2 young people died recently in an unsupervised swimming location that was used by hundreds of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Clareman wrote: »
    Because 2 young people died recently in an unsupervised swimming location that was used by hundreds of people.

If you are referencing the incident in Ennis a few weeks back I wouldn't say that place is visited by hundreds of people....

Advertisement