Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crack in fibre glass roof advice

Options
  • 22-06-2018 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a fibre glass roof that has a crack in it (I have a picture but can't attach as I'm a new user). It's a crack in the fibreglass a bit like you'd see in a window. It's not a straight crack but about 8-10 inches in total and looks like it goes right through the fibreglass. It wasn't there when roof was originally done (about 2 years ago) but there was a carpenter accessing roof to do another job so I think the crack has been there for some months.
    However, I don't see any leak or signs of water ingress.

Anyone know how to go about fixing this and how bad it is based on (admittedly limited) description?

Thanks,
    Labhras

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Have you tried your local motor factors for some FG and the mesh [iif you are handy and have safe access to the roof]

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LabhrasOC

Motor factors? Do you mean garages? I haven't tried, wasn't sure where to get it tbh. But I know what you mean with the mesh and I do have safe access so if I can get material, I should be able to fix it (reasonably handy!) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The sailing/boating forum might be good to ask - boats be made of fibreglass and last years n years

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=393

Advertisement