Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street parking near Phoenix park

Options
  • 22-06-2018 4:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭

I'll need to park near the Phoenix Park on Sunday. Does anyone know any good places I could park nearby? And is street parking free in Dublin on a Sunday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

I'll need to park near the Phoenix Park on Sunday. Does anyone know any good places I could park nearby? And is street parking free in Dublin on a Sunday?
    Lots of free parking in Phoenix Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The park is huge. Near the park is a bit too vague.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭TheTruthIsMine

beauf wrote: »
    Well fine then. Where the nearest to the park that I can get parking (if not in the park)? and is street parking free?

Okay, well where can I park that's as near as possible to the park itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Okay, well where can I park that's as near as possible to the park itself?

You could be parking in D15 or D8. There's plenty of parking in the park which you won't have to pay for. As for parking outside the park it's pointless telling you to Park at the D15 end if you're going to the Zoo in D7/8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Mostly free on street parking on sunday but people are right you need to say where your heading to as the park is massive and you could literally end up parked miles from where your headed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Plenty of parking inside the park itself; all around the main road being the main, but also, the cricket-club have a carpark for "overflow" <-- can fit a substantial amount of vehicles.

I've personally never had any issue with finding parking inside the PhoenixPark when I've driven there.

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Well fine then. Where the nearest to the park that I can get parking (if not in the park)? and is street parking free?

That is still an impossible question. The park is the land area of some medium size towns

Which part of the park are you going to?

It is one of the largest walled parks in the world, it's not like asking for parking near Merrion Square. We could give you free parking near ashtown and find you wanted to go to the people's gardens area at Conyngham Road

You must know where you're going, give the specifics. Inside the park itself is best if working in the park

salmocab wrote: »
    people are right you need to say where your heading to as the park is massive and you could literally end up parked miles from where your headed
    Hi, I think boards was down there for a bit or something.

Anyway the map location they've tagged seems to suggest that it starts at the crossing of Chesterfield ave and furze road.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Plenty of parking inside the park itself; all around the main road being the main, but also, the cricket-club have a carpark for "overflow" <-- can fit a substantial amount of vehicles.

I've personally never had any issue with finding parking inside the PhoenixPark when I've driven there.

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam
    Thanks,

This is what one of the organisers of the road race (that's on at 10am) said to me by email:

"Parking is limited in phoenix park so it would be best to find some street parking outside the park and walk in."

I'm guessing I'll be fine parking inside!

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Plenty of parking inside the park itself; all around the main road being the main

kerry4sam
    So I can just park up on the side of the main road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Couldn't reply earlier boards was down.

It can take up to an hour to walk one end of the park to the other. That's the scale of walking are talking about.

Chesterfield Ave is partially closed at the weekends in the summer.
    For events and races lots of other roads are closed, you can check them out on the website http://phoenixpark.ie/

Around the zoo there is lots of parking and there is paid parking near the zoo. Also the visitor center.
    After that it will be a lottery if you can get free parking in the Park before an event.
    You probably will, its a massive park, but you might not.

Parking outside the park is going to be a good distance (walk) away. I wouldn't see that as an option.

The race tomorrow looks like its using Furze Road. I would guess a 15/20min walk from where ever you park is likely. I'm just guessing. I've not used the car to get to one of these events.

Couldn't reply earlier boards was down.

It can take up to an hour to walk one end of the park to the other. That's the scale of walking are talking about.

Chesterfield Ave is partially closed at the weekends in the summer.
    For events and races lots of other roads are closed, you can check them out on the website http://phoenixpark.ie/

Around the zoo there is lots of parking and there is paid parking near the zoo. Also the visitor center.
    After that it will be a lottery if you can get free parking in the Park before an event.
    You probably will, its a massive park, but you might not.

Parking outside the park is going to be a good distance (walk) away. I wouldn't see that as an option.

The race tomorrow looks like its using Furze Road. I would guess a 15/20min walk from where ever you park is likely. I'm just guessing. I've not used the car to get to one of these events.
    Thanks,

Went grand. Coming from the Zoo side, I got in as far as the second roundabout, and moved the cone in front of the last parked car, to squeeze mine in in front of it!

Advertisement