Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic violence help / rights??

Options
  • 22-06-2018 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there so I'm living in a council house with my boyfriend and 4 kids. He abuses me a lot behind the kids back very violent towards me but an angel around everyone else. I can't take it any more and feel my self suffocating with his way with me. My question is I've absolutely no where to go I'm isolated from my family and don't have friends anymore so nobody to talk to about this, so I'm wondering what should I do? the council house is a joint tenancy agreement and he won't move out and I've no where to go with 4 young kids. Any advice as to what I could do would be great please and thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Can you reach out to anyone in your family or an old friend? You might not have spoken to them in a long time but they might be willing to listen and help you if you explain your situation.

Have you called womens aid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emer90

Thank you I will try women's aid when he is not around

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Also the Gardai. They have to take DV serious these days and rightfully so. Might be a scare he needs (doubtful) but if he crosses the line again the charges and results might get him out of your home. Also inform family and friends. Easier said than done but try not be alone with him. Even start with a separate room or move in with kids for a while. Don't engage in any sexual contact with him. Find ways to be out and about and away from him as much as possible. Talk to a solicitor about separation/divorce. It's very rare for abusers to change. It has to be a road they choose themselves and best they are left to walk it alone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm sorry you going through this. Do talk to women's aid, they will help and support you

Advertisement