Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with forgetting things over the summer?

Options
  • 21-06-2018 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I've just finished doing my Junior Cert last week and I finally feel at ease!

However...I have major anxiety over forgetting everything if all I do is relax the whole summer.

I really don't want to worry about any school matters this summer as I will be beginning the Leaving cert in September and so that's when the real "stress" will start... but I am worried about the fact that I always seem to forget the basics of what i've done in school if I don't continuously study (i.e last summer, I didn't pick up a book and going back to school, I realised I had to catch up again on the work we'd done beforehand)

So, has anyone dealt with this type of issue and if yes, what did you do to combat it?
    Would it be a good idea to spend the summer studying?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Honestly it should be fine. Enjoy the summer and take a break from the academics for a bit. I did nothing over my summer after third year and then went into transition year doing very little academic work that was included in the Leaving Cert syllabus but I'm after doing just fine in my summer exams :D

After the stress of the Junior Cert you should really just take a break to wind down and relax. If you're really worried just look over some stuff in the last week or two of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gina_oa111

Thanks for the reassurance!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You might like to read some LC Novels over the summer, before you read them in class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gina_oa111

That's a good idea, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

If you are keeping a science subject, you could get the revision book for that subject e.g. Less stress more success Biology . Have a little of the ground work read before you get stuck in. Are you doing a language ? Watch some films in the the language with subtitles , revise some of the grammar,, or an use an app with to practice new words. Nothing too taxing but keeps your brain ticking over. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement