Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly defective installation of back boiler

Options
  • 21-06-2018 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, I have a small problem. I wanted to install back-boiler closed (pressured) system in my house, and the guy who I found told me that, he has all certificates to do it and also that this system is secured, so he promised to give it to me after the work. When work was done, he did lots of mistakes and leaking happen on my stove. Asking him to fix it, as he gave me insurance for a year for his job, but he is ignoring and quality of the job is very poor. Also he doesn't want to give me a certificate that this system is secured. Asked other certified guy what wasn't been done, and he mentioned that there are number of items wasn't install. Now I feel that I leave on live bomb that could explode in any time. How I going to insure my house without this certificate, asked other certified people if they can give me this certificate, their noted "this is not my job and don't know how it installed." How could I get certificate that this system is secured from him? I talk to solicitor he told me to go to Small claim court.
    Please help

Thank you

BR Andrey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Get it fixed by a properly certified engineer, get it certified and then use the small claims court to recoup the costs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod

Title amended for clarity from "Issue with liar
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vinilka8

Get it fixed by a properly certified engineer, get it certified and then use the small claims court to recoup the costs.

Hello, thank you, but the problem is that no body want to do anything because it is installed by other person, I asked 4-5 guys already and they just saying they don't want to take any ownership of this.

Thank you

BR Andrey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP This may be more a question for the Plumbing & Heating forum because you've had about as good a legal answer as I think you will get.

The problem with getting someone to fix the plumbing is that it may have been dangerously installed in the first place, most traditional plumbers don't want to touch back boilers attached to pressurised heating systems because they can see all the dangers and don't like relying on safety systems that they know are not always 100% reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

my3cents wrote: »
    OP This may be more a question for the Plumbing & Heating forum because you've had about as good a legal answer as I think you will get.

The problem with getting someone to fix the plumbing is that it may have been dangerously installed in the first place, most traditional plumbers don't want to touch back boilers attached to pressurised heating systems because they can see all the dangers and don't like relying on safety systems that they know are not always 100% reliable.

Never thought that would be said about one of my posts :pac:

+1 on Plumbing and Heating forum, someone might know someone who'll sort it.

• Advertisement

Mod
    Moved to Plumbing and Heating

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

vinilka8 wrote: »
    Hello, I have a small problem. I wanted to install back-boiler closed (pressured) system in my house, and the guy who I found told me that, he has all certificates to do it and also that this system is secured, so he promised to give it to me after the work. When work was done, he did lots of mistakes and leaking happen on my stove. Asking him to fix it, as he gave me insurance for a year for his job, but he is ignoring and quality of the job is very poor. Also he doesn't want to give me a certificate that this system is secured. Asked other certified guy what wasn't been done, and he mentioned that there are number of items wasn't install. Now I feel that I leave on live bomb that could explode in any time. How I going to insure my house without this certificate, asked other certified people if they can give me this certificate, their noted "this is not my job and don't know how it installed." How could I get certificate that this system is secured from him? I talk to solicitor he told me to go to Small claim court.
    Please help

Thank you

BR Andrey

Nobody is going to just give you a certificate of any sort for work they have not done, especially if there are obvious problems with the installation.
    You will either have to get the original installer back, although if he was so bad I wouldn't let him near your house again.
    Or, you will have to pay a different installer to do the work properly.
    If you cannot get a refund from the first installer you need to speak with a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,738 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

There is no plumbing/heating certificate either btw. Post pics of the installation/hotpress. I’m curious now

Advertisement