Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

circular Fluorescent Ceiling Light

Options
  • 21-06-2018 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭

anyone seen one of these on their travels for sale?

61-9281899A75UC896395M.jpg

- I know they are old hat and used to be out years ago and used to be popular in kitchens and the like but i would really like one for the kitchen (or something similar , even if its a bit more plainer/modern looking plastic shade will do, doesnt have to be glass shade) but with 60w bulb, thats the main crux of things.

My local ARGOS have 1 left in stock but the price of it is putting me off at 65euro - so I have tried local electrical factor and they have said the 60watt flourescent model has now been replaced with a 24watt SMD LED lights in it and its 45euro - but the LED one is not going to be bright enough for the area - the LED one is 1920 LUMEN and the 60w tube type is something like 4300 LUMEN (how can they say these are a replacement for something these days when the replacements are not as bright and have more than likely got bright white colour rendering of the LED bulbs, rather than the warm white rendering the 60w Fluorescent gives off - I dont hardly call that a replacement as such)

So, yeah if anyone on their travels have come across a retailer selling one of these traditional 60w fluorescent round ceiling lights can they let me know please on here. - i cannot even find them on ebay (new or secondhand) - like hens teeth now arent they...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Electrical wholesalers should have one, last large one I got was in clonee electrical wholesale, who also have a lighting section. It had a high output which is great for older people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Electrical wholesalers should have one, last large one I got was in clonee electrical wholesale, who also have a lighting section. It had a high output which is great for older people.

ah right I will try them thanks - yep i'm an older person :D ... love well lit rooms without shadows (that was one of the selling points of fluorescent tubes back in the day "even lighting with no shadows" was the tag line- I have seen so may places now lit with under-powered LED fittings now and light ... but dark if you get my meaning now , I suppose thats the future and saving the enviroment, more important to have a lower energy light with no mercury in it for the environment rather than a nice quality of light.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

just emailed them just now there - no luck

Advertisement