Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2-year motor insurance policies?

Options
  • 21-06-2018 2:34pm

Is there any other company but Blue Insurance doing these?

Back in 2015 I got a two-year car insurance from Blue which was about €650 for two years (i.e. c. €325 per year). In 2017 it rocketed to c. €700 for a single year so I left them. Now, it's "down" to €1160 for two years.

However, Bank of Ireland Motor Insurance for a single year comprehensive is €443 fully comprehensive. If they did 2-year policies, it would be something like €886 for two years, which is much cheaper than Blue.

However, I really, really cannot stand spending so much time every year shopping around to avoid the annual ridiculous insurance company hike. A 2-year policy would at least give me a break from this again next year.

Is anybody else doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't like the annual insurance search either but the way insurance premiums vary and fluctuate there is no way I'd sign up for 2 years when prices could drop at the end of year one. Yes it's a pain every year but it's only once a year, not once a week or month and if you want to try and save money then you have to do the legwork. I'd say those who pay annually is more suitable for people too rather than paying 2 years up front.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't like the annual insurance search either but the way insurance premiums vary and fluctuate there is no way I'd sign up for 2 years when prices could drop at the end of year one. Yes it's a pain every year but it's only once a year, not once a week or month and if you want to try and save money then you have to do the legwork. I'd say those who pay annually is more suitable for people too rather than paying 2 years up front.

I was actually thinking the opposite: a 2-year insurance would lock in the price and spare me the annual increase in policy. In particular, I've never been with a car insurance company which has reduced the premium after 1 year.

Advertisement