Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurer won't insure my car, says they can't if I still have one from other EU state

Options
  • 21-06-2018 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Is this true?

I have an insurance for my car, which is on another EU state, but of course this insurance only covers me driving "THAT" car. I've never heard about this before and I don't understand how would another insurance from another EU state affect this.

I just need to insure a car in Ireland, been living here for years but I still pay my insurance in another EU country (when I go visit I need to drive). Until now I didn't have a car here, but now I have one here in Ireland. I bought one, it's not the same for which I already have insurance in another country.

What's the issue with that, and why does me having a car insured in another country impact any insurance I might want to get in Ireland for driving a different car here? How does having another insurance on another EU state interfere with this Irish insurance?

Can they deny me a quote based on that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

How did it work out for you in the end?

Advertisement