Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby shower for father who doesn't have a clue!

Options
  • 20-06-2018 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hi, expectant father to be here! So my significant other is due in September and I was hoping to throw a surprise baby shower for her, she's always doing things for other people and deserves to be spoiled for a day herself! So what I was thinking would be decorating the house, organising food and treats for her and her friends and a few bottles of prosecco (and non alcoholic for her!). Is there anything else I should do? Being a man I wouldn't be too in the know when it comes to these things! I'd obviously make myself scarce for the day and have a couple of her friends organising her other friends. Also, what sort of food is served at these things? Finger food or would I be better to get a caterer to do a few rice dishes or the likes?

Any help given with be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

What a lovely idea. I would check with her friends first that somebody isn't already planning one.

Finger food or afternoon tea go down a treat. Some people play games etc but you could ask a friend to organise them.

Maybe tell you your taking her out for dinner so send her off to get her hair done and could come back to the surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

edeldonlon wrote: »
    What a lovely idea. I would check with her friends first that somebody isn't already planning one.

Finger food or afternoon tea go down a treat. Some people play games etc but you could ask a friend to organise them.

Maybe tell you your taking her out for dinner so send her off to get her hair done and could come back to the surprise.

Great idea, might do that, she might be mortified if she comes back a bit raggedy!
    One friend mentioned that she was gonna say something to her a few weeks ago so I don't think anyone else is doing anything. Might leave the games to the friends so!! Thanks for the info!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Finger food.
    Or you know....organise a prosecco afternoon tea for her.Either send her out, or have one at home.It's fun :-)

Advertisement